Each year my husband, son and I choose a few things we would like to do for the summer. We do this now, because in the past we would be disappointed that summer had come and gone and we didn’t do some of the things we wanted.
For every season there are some things that you just can’t do other times of the year so you want to take advantage of that!
Here is what we have so far:
- Take the kayak out – we have a beautiful reservoir within a 25 minute drive
- Go to at least 2 summer concerts in the park and bring a picnic
- Go to Water World with our family friends
- Pick a beautiful spot and draw or paint outdoors
- Make homemade ice cream sandwiches – I need to use the ice cream maker at least once or twice each year so my husband doesn’t tell me I never use it!
- Play tennis – all three of us are on teams this year
- Go to Grand Lake in the mountains
If you want, ask each person in your family for one or two things they would enjoy this summer.
What’s on your list?