Just in case you don’t know what it is, let me first tell you that
is an online social media tool that allows users to create
Boards of images of things they see around the web, their own images, or repining (sharing) images from other Pinterest users.
It is a great way to keep track of all those cool things you find on the internet but may not had a way to capture them.
You know the saying that an image is worth a thousand words and in this case, it is true. I have always ripped out ideas, pictures, and recipes from magazines. This is like the virtual way of doing it that automatically tracks where you “pinned” it from so you can link to the site.
So, now to the 10 reasons why you should use it…
- Plan a project like a room makeover or home decorating to keep track of ideas and inspiration.
- Share books that you love with others or make a list of ones you want to read
- Keep track and share inspiring words or quotes
- Find information and inspiration about exotic places to travel or fun places to visit in your own home town.
- Get ideas for your next party, from delicious recipes to beautiful table settings. You can even plan a wedding or an event.
- Find and follow photographers, bloggers, artists, or anyone that might help you with your event, project, or just what to have for dinner.
- If you have your own business, let people get to know you by seeing what you do as well as what you like.
Check out this very good post by Beth Hayden on Copyblogger about 56 ways to use Pinterest for marketing.
- Create boards like wish lists of things you want. It can be anything from clothes to homes to cars … like a dream board
- Learn how to do something with a video or tutorial and pin it to your board.
- Share an image or post from a business, artist, or crafter that you love.
There really are so many more things you can do and reasons to use Pinterest but these are some ideas to get you started.
What NOT to do on Pinterest
You DO want to credit the source of the image and use pins that are coming from that source, as opposed to people
who take images and articles and post them on their blogs as if they are their own.
Follow me on Pinterest to get more ideas.
Feel free to comment here on others ideas of ways you would use it.